Monday, August 10, 2015

Mr. Cranky Pants Needs a Runsy Wunsy.

               Today I had a case of the Mondays like none other. I hadn't run in 3 days. Now any runner will tell exactly what happened here. I know and you probably know. But for whatever reason, this time was way worse. I felt like I was going to explode. My anxiety was ridiculous. Now there are a few things going on to exacerbate that, like financial isuues, the start of the fall semester looming, my first race in 2 years approaching, 40-middle-age-thought-processes-why-am-I-here-I-am-a-stranger-to-my-own-family-I'm-unmarried-with-no-kids-what's-wrong-with-me-blah-blah-blah kinds of stuff. But, damn. This one nearly knocked me about. I had a full 8 hours of sleep, so I thought, 'What the fuck?' Oh ya, I haven't been able to run in 3 freakin' days. I did a fun 12.7 to ease the tension over some bike path that leads to some beautiful single track along the north side of Picnic Point to Shorewood on beautiful Lake Mendota. It was a learning experience. What ever happens, get a run in at least every other day, even if you're busy, even if it is 3 miles. Life is to short to miss a run and ruin everyone's day around me. They don't deserve Rabidman, and I deserve to be in my happy place. Run happy, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment