Sunday, February 23, 2014

Well, shit.....

               Well, I am registered for one race this year. I'm in for the Kettle 100. Training was going slow, but ok. The I broke my lateral fibula at that little tab by the ankle. I'm out for at least 6 weeks. I find out for sure tomorrow when I go see the Orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Hurts like holy shit, and I have a pretty high pain threshold, as almost every ultra runner has, for pretty obvious reasons. I'm not liking the fact that it takes me forever to get anywhere....in my house, that is. I can't drive. I have some pretty amazing friends. They came to take me to the ER, waited for me, took me to the pharmacy. I have another friend that has been helping me with foodstuffs. Keeping me company so I don't go cuckoo. Anyway, it is a toss-up if I'll be running. I may volunteer though. I have a site reserved, and I like the idea of camping between semesters. I could still help out and it would be extremely rewarding. I may be ready to run, and if I am it won't be record-breaking, since I'll miss a ton of running. I could always go down to a 100k, I know I got that in me. I want to run so bad, but obviously that is not even remotely an option.
               So I slipped on some ice walking home. I wish there was some elaborate story, but there is not. My right foot slid, I caught myself, crackle crackle, shit goddamn, I knew right when it happened. They showed me the x-ray, and was like, "yup". Greenstick break. Vicodin, and it doesn't really touch the pain, just makes me tired.
               I did get into the lottery for the NYC marathon this year, and that is in November, so there is hope. 26.2, I am certain I could run without even training, granted not very fast,, but yes I could do it, and if I get into NYC, you better be damn sure I'm gonna run it. So anyway, I'm breaking more shit as I
am getting older. Is this what I have to look forward to? Crap. You guys stay healthy. Don't be like me and slip on Wisco ice and break your shit. That is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment