Wednesday, May 23, 2012

...And we're back!

               Well folks, I am off and running again. I am skipping the Madison Marathon this year to be on the safe side. They may be cancelling it, anyway. Apparently the heat may be an issue this weekend, and they may hold the half, but cancel the full. No biggie. I'm not running it. I ran my 10 miler this morning, and an ice bath, feeling fantastic. I have the Ragnar Relay on the 8th and 9th of June. Not at all worried about that. 3 legs of 8 miles or less. My longest is just over 8, my shortest is just over 5. I should be able to blast through, providing I utilize my off time for icing and proper recovery. The next Big Kahuna is Dances With Dirt in July. This will be my first 50 miler. I am stoked. I feel like bellowing like a warrior of olden times, a Celtic warrior on a Birzerker the night before a battle. I know, corny, but this brings out the beast in me. I am not quite ready, but I will be. Once I get my 35 mile training run in, my life will have changed forever. I will have crossed over to Crazytown once and for all, and I'm already scoping out the situation for buying some property there. ;-) Happy running, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment