Monday, April 30, 2012

...And another one bites the dust!

               Well, I just got back yesterday from Louisville, KY. Not my best race at 4:10:55. I over-trained. Plain and simple. That, and I wasn't 100% over my cold. I conned myself into thinking I was, but I wasn't. I met my threshold for the time being. I ran 3 marathons in 5 months. I am going to take a full week off of working out, running, etc. The next week will be cross training only, maybe some lifting. For now my 2 50 milers are on hiatus. My next marathon is in October in Detroit. My next race is the Ragnar Relay from Madison to Chicago, with 11 other runners and our support team. Each runner runs 3 legs over the course of a day. It will be a new experience for me on many levels. I am a runner that keeps to myself. It cracks me out of my shell. This is a good thing, I think. Also, the mileage isn't too bad, but running 3 times in a day is definitely new to me. 
               On a different note, no offense if any of you are from Louisville, but when I was there, nothing but fucked up shit went down. When I got into town, I went to my hotel, unloaded, went to the expo downtown at the Kentucky International Expo Center. After I was done, a kid pulled the fire alarm. Luckily I was on my way out. They cleared the building, firemen, the works. As I turned 1st and Market, a Ford Explorer was in the lobby of a building, another car wrapped around a light pole, and when I got back, the news said the truck hit a pedestrian. Never found out how they made out. Drunk driver killed a lady, going the wrong way on I-65, some guy tried to outrun the cops in a high speed chase and jumped in the Ohio river to ward off cops, only to hide between two piers because he was in danger of hypothermia due to exposure. The night of my race after I got back, thunderstorm from hell, golf ball hale, 85 mph wind. Another drunk driver accident, driver died, car he hit lived, but in critical condition. Is it always like this here?! If so, God hates this place. God will win this one. Move. Seriously. Pack. Go.
                Anyway, I'm gonna relax, then start running again in a couple weeks. As I write this, I want to go for a run. It is gonna be incredibly tough. I may break down and run before my body is ready, but I will fight every urge. No joke. Why can't I just be Wolverine or Superman or something, and heal in like 3 seconds? It would be so much easier. Plus, Adamantium bones. Who wouldn't want those?!

No comments:

Post a Comment