Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's get this thing rolling!

So here we go....

I am a marathon runner. I have run 4 and soon to be 5, 9-10 by the end of the year, and hopefully/probably 2 50 milers as well. I have been running solid for 3 years. I am an ex-smoker and alcohol abuser. I got into a bad relationship, and running was the only time I got to myself to think, and literally...to myself. Period. I quit drinking and smoking, she did not, and we fizzled. She's better off, to my knowledge. She is married with a man far more suitable to her, and I am on a new course in life. That is that I am newly confident in my ability. I have confidence. That, in and of itself, is a rather new thing for me. I am not a religious person. I do not believe in god, per se, but running long distances is as close as I can get to a 'church' for what I believe in. Anyone who has ever run more than an hour straight knows exactly what I'm talking about. I am always looking forward to my next run. There will be more background to come.

I am leaving for Austin for the Livestrong Austin Marathon on February 15th, the day after my 37th birthday. It will be my 5th marathon. I t will be my first one flying completely solo. I have gone to where I have friends, etc., in the past. This is me all the way. I'm driving by myself from Madison, WI to KCMO, staying over with some friends, having dinner, and continuing on to Austin. I like me time. This is allowing for my own headspace, and it will put a few of my theories to test. More on that later.

So, now I'm heading to the indoor track at The Princeton Club to get my 8 miler in before I go to work. 2 days of rest, XT  on Monday, some tiny runs, then I will find myself in Austin before long. Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment